Thursday, February 9, 2012

Updates and the Current Bull Market

So just a brief update.

AAPL just had their Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) quarterly earnings report.  This earnings call put Apple 4th out of the top 10 best quarterly earnings of a companies of all time... most of the top 10 are Oil and Gas companies.  As expected, this boosted the stock up to $493.17 today.  Just 7 points shy of Jim Cramer's $500 price mark.  In as much as I want to get more Apple stock, I want to do more research whether or not the stock still has room to run.  Pending any new product launch in the next 2-3 months, I think I'll wait for a pull back before getting more AAPL.

My LULU position also did well since my last post.  Being up 27% makes me consider to take some profits.   If only I had more than 7 shares of LULU.  After fees and taxes, my profits would be under $20.  So I think, I'll let it ride a bit more or get some more shares.  My thesis is still solid.  I still see a lot of Lululemon customers in the gym and even the new active wear line from the GAP (GPS) only solidifies my theses:  The Healthy Mind and Body movement has some wings besides, bikini season is just 3 months away.  It also helps that the unusually warm winter helped more people work out more.

Finally, XLNX might be giving me a well deserved profit.  Finally give me a 0.43% appreciation.  Of course I can't sell it at that price... fees and taxes.  Plus, it's new hardware season.  I bet XLNX would be part of it.

All in all, my portfolio is up 16.43% ($397.46).  Mainly due to Apple, LULU and GLD.

some might even say we're in a Bull Market.  I think now is the time for some cautious investing optimism.

Upcoming Dividend pay outs:
XLNX - EX-Dividend date Feb 6, 2012.  Dividend date:  Feb 28.
ETP - EX-Dividend date Feb 3, 2012 Dividend date: Feb 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment