Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Automatic Investment Plan for May 1, 2012 Results

The Markets closed up today.  

The DOW Jones Average at 13,279.32 up 65.69 (+0.50%).
The NASDAQ is at 3,050.44 up 4.08 (+0.13%)
The S&P 500 is at 1,405.81 up 7.91 (+0.57%)

It is safe to say that my automatic savings plan purchase would be up a bit.  Here are the results of today's trading:

ETP   = 3.9240 shares @ $49.95
XLNX  = 2.6490 shares @ $36.24
WM    = 6.4473 shares @ $34.28

As you can see ETP was around $2 up from when I set-up the purchase.  Luckily, WM and XLNX were a few cents down which made up for the "pricier" ETP.

In other news, AAPL was down a lot today.  

I bet the stock is still reeling from the New York Times article that exposed how companies like Apple manage to avoid Billions of dollars in taxes by leveraging tax loopholes that primarily benefit huge corporations.  As you can imagine, public opinion on such practices have driven the stock price down.  However, I am not concerned for Apple.  If at all, I wish I had $1,000-$2,000 extra to buy more shares of Apple.  

To support my bullishness on Apple, here are some Apple news:

Apple just released and sold out tickets for their WWDC event in June and speculations are building up that the new iOS 6 software would be released at the event.  Let us also not forget that the Apple earnings call proved that sales of the new iPad, iPhones and Macs are strong.  So I expect Apple to take in more record breaking earnings numbers in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment