Friday, April 8, 2011

First Automatic Investment Plan

My recurring deposit on April 11 will be available on April 12.
The automatic investment plan will be executed on April 12.

Here's what I put in: $300

$150 for (GLD) SPDR GOLD TRUST ETF
- My gold hedge.  I plan to have 10% of my portfolio in gold.  Since I cannot afford to stock the actual gold, the ETF would do.

$80 (WM) Waste Management
- Another dividend play. With a 3.60% dividend yield, this Industrial/Waste Management stock is very attractive to me.  Add to the fact that they have multiple streams of income (Collection/Recycling/Transfer/Disposal of waste, Recycling Materials (aluminum,etc) Brokerage, Rental of Port-o-Lets to municipalities and commercial customers, Self-storage, Street Sweeping and Land Fill contracts).  Only hindrances are Government regulations, Competitive market and fuel costs.

$40 (XLNX) Xilinx Inc
- Building up my position before the next earnings date 04/27/11.

Total Investments = $270
Total Fees: $12 ($4 each trade)


No comments:

Post a Comment